Whether with family or friends, vacations are about spending time with those you love and making memories that’ll last a lifetime. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to accomplish this either. Soak in the warm Alabama sunshine when you escape to a vacation rental from Beachball Properties and be close to a range of affordable attractions and activities. There are plenty of free things to do in Gulf Shores, Alabama that are not only fun but can also help get you away from the crowds.
A Checklist of the Top Free Activities or Attractions
When planning out your Gulf Shores getaway itinerary, look for free attractions or activities to add. Some area attractions are free on certain days of the month, while others are always free admission. With so many different things to do, many of which are family-friendly, there’s no shortage of fun to be had.
- Gulf Shores Museum: Learn about the history of Gulf Shores and the early inhabitants that lived along the Fort Morgan Peninsula in this museum, which is housed in a building that dates to before World War II. Admission is free to the public.
- Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge: Explore this natural oasis, which includes some of the last undisturbed remaining coastal barrier habitat in the state. Walk the trails, and be sure to keep an eye out for the birds and endangered species that live in the habitats.
- Area Beaches: Spend a day soaking in the sun and cooling off in the water. There are eight public beach access locations, so there’s plenty of shoreline to explore and get away from the crowded spots. There are pay station parking spots near certain access points, but some locations do not require a fee.
- Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail: With more than 15 miles of trails running through Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Gulf State Park, there’s plenty to explore. There are seven trails that’ll take you through a range of ecosystems.
- Area Parks: Enjoy a picnic lunch at an area park like Meyer Park. Several of the parks in Gulf Shores also have trails to explore, including Wetlands Park, and there’s even a dog park for your four-legged family members.
Book Your Alabama Getaway with Beachball Properties
After this past year, you deserve an escape filled with nothing but relaxation, fun times, and sunshine. With vacation rentals of all sizes, and including pet-friendly options, throughout Gulf Shores, Beachball Properties has the perfect accommodation for your next Alabama vacation. Enjoy all the comforts of home in a convenient home base location. To learn more about booking a vacation rental, call 251-968-8896, book online, or email [email protected] today.